- Perform line sizing and pressure drop calculations for line upgrades/repairs and/or new gas connects. Provide cost estimates for line upgrades/repairs and/or new gas connects.
- Perform One Call locates, marking pipelines, and notification/close out as required. Operate line locator.
- Must maintain accurate records of mechanical equipment, repair history, preventive & predictive maintenance performed by utilizing the Maximo preventive maintenance program. This includes utilizing GIS pipeline system for leak tracking where available
- Develop knowledge of Targa’s Engineering Standards and Specifications and demonstrate the ability to apply them in pipe fitting and construction practices
- Respond to “One Calls” - Identify location of existing pipelines prior to 3rd party excavation
- Line ride pipeline system
- Install meter runs, meter stations, and pipelines
- Read pipeline maps and have understanding of Blocks and Sections in Texas
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum 1-3 years of work related experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Operator Qualified on DOT tasks as required by the facility
- Knowledge and understanding of how to operate LEL, H2S and O2 detectors. Monitor and trouble shoot oxygen excursions
- Knowledge and understanding of repair techniques for line leaks i.e. clamps and buddy system. Trained and certified to fuse poly pipe
- Knowledge and understanding of pipeline operations, including purging, hydrostatic testing, and pigging procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of hot tie ins and hot tapping procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of GIS mapping system and/or field maps used to locate wells/pipelines/meters
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements impacting pipeline construction and operation with an emphasis on DOT requirements
- Understanding of gas pipeline systems
- Knowledge of NTX field system
- Knowledge of DOT regulations as applied to pipelines is a plus
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team
- This position requires candidate to be multi-skilled. Skill set should include: pipeline maintenance, construction, and operation, cathodic protection, Instrument and Electrical
- Basic job related computer skills strongly preferred
- Strong Computer skills – Excel, Word, E-Mail
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, and pull\push at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and in a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.